County Service Areas (CSAs)
Emergency Medical Services administers two County Service Areas (CSA) for the provision of emergency ambulance services. You can determine if your residence is within the CSA by reviewing your tax bill.
- Direct billing inquiries to the ambulance provider.
- Tax billing inquiries may be directed to the County of San Diego, Division of Emergency Medical Services at (619) 285-6429.
- For CSA 17 ambulance billing inquiries, please call R1 at 877-904-5704. For CSA 69 ambulance billing inquiries, please call R1 at 800-901-9122.
CSA 17 consists of:
- Del Mar
- Del Mar Heights
- Solana Beach
- Rancho Santa Fe
- Portions of Elfin Forest.
Ambulance service is provided through American Medical Response (AMR). Click the Image for a downloadable map.
CSA 69 consists of:
- Portion of the San Miguel Consolidated Fire Protection District.
Ambulance service is provided through the Lakeside and Santee Fire Departments. Click the Image for a downloadable map.