Injury Prevention, Epidemiology and Surveillance
The Epidemiology and Surveillance Unit of EMS conducts routine surveillance on emergency medical conditions and injuries seen by paramedics and emergency medical technicians, trauma centers or the Medical Examiner. This information helps define and prioritize prevention needs and helps target at risk populations within the County of San Diego.
The following surveillance publications from EMS are available for download. Visit the Community Health Statistics Unit website for more publications and statistics!
Emergency Department Reports
The Emergency Medical Services System Annual Report Series
The San Diego County EMS STEMI Receiving System Annual Report Series
Monthly Newsletter - Emergency Department Data Surveillance (EDDS) Project
Special Presentations and Reports
San Diego County Trauma System Reports:
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2016
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2015
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2014
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2013
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2012
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2011
- San Diego County Trauma System Report, 2010
- San Diego County Trauma System 20 Year Report, July 1, 1984 through June 30, 2003
2010-2014 San Diego County Stroke Receiving System Report
This report, a collaborative effort between the members of the San Diego County Stroke Consortium, reviews the last 5 years of Stroke Receiving System case data and achievements since the establishment of the system in July 2009.
Fall Related Injury Reports:
Bioterrorism Preparedness Reports:
Epidemiologist in a Box Toolkit: An Injury Data Analysis Tool