Per California state law, medical personnel (including prehospital staff) are legally required, mandatory reporters. If you suspect abuse of a child or dependent/elder, you must report as follows:
- Suspected Child Abuse
- Suspected Dependent Adult or Elder Abuse
For general public/lay persons:
- for a life threatening situation, call 9-1-1
- Child Abuse Hotline: call (within California) 800-344-6000; website.
- Elder Abuse: call 800-510-2020 (within San Diego County) or 800-339-4661 (outside the County), or visit website.
- Domestic Violence Hotline: call 888-DVLinks (385-4657); website.
Communicable Disease Exposure Reporting Form