State-Funded Influenza Vaccine Program
The Seasonal influenza vaccine is distributed by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to local health departments (LHD), including the County of San Diego Immunization Unit, for use by county public health centers and community providers in accordance with LHD policies and procedures outlined by the state. Community healthcare providers that meet storage and handling requirements and complete the required trainings can receive and administer these state-funded seasonal influenza vaccines at no cost.
Storage and Handling Requirements for the State-Funded Influenza Vaccine Program:
- Vaccine storage locations must have an approved stand-alone refrigeration unit used solely for vaccine storage purposes. Learn more about CDPH Vaccine Storage and Handling Requirements, including examples of acceptable storage units.
- State-Funded vaccine recipients are also required to conduct temperature monitoring twice a day using a CDPH approved digital data logger and backup data logger. Learn more about CDPH Digital Data Loggers, including examples of acceptable digital data loggers.
If your facility is interested in receiving general State-Funded Seasonal Influenza Vaccine, please complete and return the Interest Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please call (619) 692-5738.
***Upcoming Trainings on State-Funded Flu Vaccine Program Requirements***
This is a mandatory training for vaccine coordinators and back-up vaccine coordinators.
August Traning Dates:
- Monday 8/23/2021 at 2:00-4:00 pm
- Tuesday 8/24/2021 at 9:00-11:00 am
- Thursday 8/26/2021 at 10:00-12:00 pm
- Friday 8/27/2021 at 9:00-11:00 am
For program forms and resources, contact the State-Funded Influenza Vaccine Program Coordinator, Araceli.Montera@sdcounty.ca.gov.
For more information or to request
contact the San Diego Immunization Unit via e-mail or call us at (866) 358-2966.