Alternative Dispute Resolution


Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Services, a program of the Community Action Partnership, provides an alternative to the courts for resolution of civil disputes. The ADR program also provides education and outreach regarding access to, and the availability of, alternative dispute resolution services.

Funded by civil court filing fees, the ADR program is designed to improve access to alternative dispute resolution services for all residents of the county by providing alternatives to formal court proceedings that are speedier, less expensive and non-adversarial.

Specific services offered by ADR include:

Mediation: The process in which one or more neutral persons facilitate the process of communication between disputants to assist them in reaching reconciliation, settlement, or other understanding.

Conciliation: The process of independent communications between disputants and a neutral person who facilitates the achievement of agreement.

Mitigation: The process of communication with one or both parties that teaches skills and provides impetus for the parties to work out a resolution on their own.

Arbitration: The voluntary adjudication process in which a neutral person conducts hearings, receives spoken or written evidence from the disputants and their witnesses, and executes a decision that may be binding or non-binding depending on the consent of the disputants. 


For More Information, Contact:

National Conflict Resolution Center Main Office
530 B St., Suite 1700
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone: (619) 238-2400 or (760) 494-4728
Fax: (619) 238-8041


South Bay

Luis Gonzalez
663 East San Ysidro Blvd.
San Ysidro, CA 92173
Phone: (619) 428-3200
Fax: (619) 428-3400


City Heights

Veronica Mikho
4305 University Ave., Suite 110
San Diego, CA 92105
Phone: (619) 398-0494
Fax: (619) 238-8041
Email Veronica


North County

North County Lifeline Main Office

Karen Thompson
200 Michigan Ave.
Vista, CA 92084
Phone: (760) 726-4900
Fax: (760) 726-6102


For more information send us an email or phone 619-338-2799