County Employee Blood Drive
For more information send us an email or phone 619-692-5639
The San Diego County Employee Blood Drive will take place in August and September 2020, at worksites throughout the County. Make an appointment below.
Employees can use County time to give blood by asking for their supervisor’s approval in advance.
Lives depend on your blood donation!
County employees have made the annual County Blood Drive one of the San Diego Blood Bank's largest and most successful collection events. Last year, 560 people donated blood.
The San Diego Blood Bank must collect 400 pints of blood every day. Although 80% of us will receive a blood transfusion during our lifetime, only 5% of the U.S. population donates blood.
If you cannot give blood, invite a family member or friend to take your place. Donors of all blood types are needed.
Donations are by appointment only. And all donors must wear a face covering.
Find a full list of deferral restrictions related to COVID-19 online.
- County Operation Center, Thursday, Aug. 6, 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- County Administration Center, Monday, Aug. 10, 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- South Region Live Well Center at National City, Tuesday, Aug. 11, 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Sheriff’s Administration Center, Thursday, Aug. 13, 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Edgemoor DP SNF Thursday, Aug 13, 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Julian Branch Library Thursday, Aug 13, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Fallbrook Community Center, Thursday, Aug. 13, 12:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Housing and Development Services, Thursday, Aug. 13, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Family Resource Center – North Coastal, Tuesday, Aug. 18, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Superior Court - South County Division, Tuesday, Aug. 18, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Juvenile Probation Center, Tuesday, Aug. 18, 9 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- East Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility, Wednesday, Aug. 19, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- HHSA Live Well Support Center – Seville Plaza, Wednesday, Aug. 19, 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Health Services - Rosecrans, Thursday, Aug. 20, 10 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- South Region Live Well Center at Chula Vista, Tuesday, Aug. 25, 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Lakeside Library, Wednesday, Aug. 26, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- North Inland Live Well Center, Thursday, Sept. 3, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For more information, send us email.