Voluntary Short-Term Disability
Employees who pay into CA/SDI
The County of San Diego offers Voluntary Short-Term Disability (STD)
Insurance, administered by Lincoln Financial Group (LFG). This plan is
designed for employees who currently pay into CA State Disability
Insurance Tax (SDI) through their paycheck.
- Income replacement: When a non-work related illness or injury makes it impossible for you to work for a short period of time, STD guards you against financial loss and helps protect your income.
- Benefit Waiting Period: Benefits begin after 14-day elimination period.
- Benefits: 25% of earnings, up to a maximum benefit of $1,000/month.
- Duration: Up to 24 weeks.
- Premiums: Deductions are taken after-tax.
- Pre-existing conditions: Disabilities have a 3 month look-back. Employees wishing to use the benefit for a maternity related leave, cannot already be pregnant when electing a plan.
- To File a Claim: Contact a Lincoln Claims Manager at 888-480-8710.