Voluntary Long-Term Disability
When a non-work related illness or injury makes it impossible for you to work for a period of time, Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance guards you against financial loss and helps protect your income.
The County of San Diego offers Voluntary LTD Insurance, administered by Lincoln Financial Group (LFG).
- Income replacement: When a non-work related illness or injury makes it impossible for you to work for a long period of time, LTD guards you against financial loss and helps protect your income.
- Benefit Waiting Period: Benefits begin after 180-day elimination period.
- Benefits: 60% of earnings, up to a maximum benefit of $5,000/month.
- Duration: Up to Social Security’s normal retirement age.
- Premiums: Deductions are taken after tax.
- Enrolling: May be purchased with flex credits.
- To File a Claim: Contact a Lincoln Claims Manager at 800-423-2765.
Lincoln Phone Number: 800-423-2765
County-Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD)
Depending on your job classification you may be eligible for Long-Term Disability Insurance paid by the County. This plan, offered through MetLife, pays Long-Term Disability benefits monthly to replace a portion of your income until you are able to return to work.
Refer to your Benefits Summary to determine if you are eligible for this plan.