Employees who do NOT pay into CA/SDI
The County of San Diego offers Voluntary Short-Term Disability (STD) Insurance, administered by Lincoln Financial Group (LFG). This plans is designed for employees who do NOT pay into CA State Disability Insurance Tax (SDI) through their paycheck.
- Income replacement: When a non-work related illness or injury makes it impossible for you to work for a short period of time, STD guards you against financial loss and helps protect your income.
- Benefit Waiting Period: Benefits begin after 7-day elimination period.
- Benefits: 60% of earnings, up to a maximum benefit of $1,500/week.
- Duration: Up to 3, 7 or 12 weeks.
- Premiums: Deductions are taken after-tax.
- To File a Claim: Contact a Lincoln Claims Manager at 800-423-2765.