County of San Diego
Rental Assistance for Small Landlords
The County of San Diego’s Rental Assistance for Small Landlords (RASL) program helps eligible small-scale, independent, property owners who are experiencing significant rental payment shortfalls from their tenants due to COVID-19 impacts.
The program will assist landlords who are not able to access any other source of governmental COVID-19 financial assistance that would compensate for lost rental income. The County will compensate rental arrears accumulated from April 2020 for a maximum of $15,000 per award.
One application per owner will be accepted. Applications will be accepted until funds are no longer available.
Application period opened on September 1, 2021.
To apply over the phone or for assistance: Call (858) 694-4801
To be eligible for this program, landlords must meet all the following criteria:
- HCDS will serve landlords residing in the County’s jurisdiction.
- HCDS will serve rental properties located in the cities of Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, National City, Oceanside, Poway, San Diego, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, Vista, and the unincorporated areas of San Diego.
- Landlords must have no more than five units of rental housing, including personal property, business-owned property or property units held within a Trust.
Other Eligibility Notes:
- Recipients should be ineligible for or not be able to access Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds for rental housing business, or any other source of governmental COVID-19 financial assistance that would compensate for lost rental income, including local rental assistance programs developed by the County of San Diego and incorporated cities.
- Eligible units must have at least three months of rental arrears.
Rental Assistance for Small Landlords (RASL) flyer and FAQ's
Additional translations for Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Tagalog, Vietnamese coming soon
- Landlord webinar available the 1st Thursday of every month from 9am-10am.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 619-343-2539,,633625638# United States, San Diego
Phone Conference ID: 633 625 638#
- Informational session that will cover the Emergency Rent and Utilities Assistance Program. Landlords will have the opportunity to ask questions about the program.
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (858) 694-4801.
- Landlord Flyer
Learn more about the Emergency Rent and Utility Assistance Program by visiting our booth at these local community events:
October 1st: San Diego: Southeastern Live Well Center
Groundbreaking, 9am-10am Southeastern Live Well Center
If you are a Community Based Organization that is assisting with applications and have any questions or would like training regarding these programs, please contact us at (858) 694-4801 for assistance.