County of San Diego
Security Deposit Assistance Program
The County of San Diego’s Security Deposit Assistance Program (SDAP) helps eligible County residents with a security deposit payment.
The program provides one-time payment assistance for renters unable to pay for a security deposit through a security deposit voucher program. The security deposit cannot exceed two months’ rent for a maximum award amount of $7,000. Vouchers are limited.
Applications will be reviewed until all funds are no longer available. Applications will be accepted until 6am on October 1, 2022. After this date and time, applications will no longer be accepted.
For assistance: Call (858) 694-4801
To be eligible for this program, households must meet all the following criteria:
- HCDS will serve individuals and families in the cities of Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Del Mar, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Imperial Beach, La Mesa, Lemon Grove, National City, Oceanside, Poway, San Diego, San Marcos, Santee, Solana Beach, Vista and the unincorporated areas of San Diego
- Household must fall at or below 120% Area Median Income (AMI) limit
120% of AMI
- Rental period for unit should not be less than six months
- New unit where security deposit assistance is being provided must be located in the County’s jurisdiction
If you are a Community Based Organization that is assisting with applications and have any questions or would like training regarding these programs, please contact us at (858) 694-4801 for assistance.
Security Deposit Assistance Program (SDAP) flyer and FAQ's
Additional translations for Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Tagalog, Vietnamese coming soon
- Landlord webinar available the 1st Thursday of every month from 9am-10am.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+1 619-343-2539,,633625638# United States, San Diego
Phone Conference ID: 633 625 638#