Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA)
The County of San Diego Department of Environmental Health Solid Waste Local Enforcement Agency (LEA) is certified by the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery to enforce state solid waste laws and regulations in San Diego County, excluding the City of San Diego. The LEA has the primary responsibility for ensuring the proper operation, permitting and closure of solid waste facilities, operations and disposal sites. The LEA also has responsibilities for ensuring the review and approval of post-closure land use activities at closed solid waste disposal sites. The LEA works to protect public health, safety and the well being of our communities and environment from the impacts of solid waste management/recycling and disposal by:
- Preventing environmental damage from existing and future solid waste facilities and operations through careful and thorough permit management, inspection, enforcement, complaint response and education.
- Maintaining all active Solid Waste Facility Permits within our jurisdiction with up to date information and consistent with current laws and regulations.
- Completing all required inspections at each active and closed facility and taking appropriate enforcement actions as necessary.
- Ensuring quick response to complaints received regarding facilities, operations or disposal sites within the jurisdiction of the LEA and taking appropriate enforcement actions as necessary.
- Maintaining LEA certification in good standing with the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle formerly the California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB)).
- Promoting interagency cooperation with all entities involved in solid waste management and disposal in San Diego County.
- Maintaining communication with CalRecycle as well as other local enforcement and regulatory agencies.
For questions about a solid waste facility in the County, except for within the City of San Diego, please contact us at (858) 565-5173 or by email at email@example.com.
For Solid Waste Complaints
For solid waste facility complaints, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to report illegal dumping in the unincorporated areas of the County, please call County Code Enforcement at (858) 694-2705 or email PDSCodeCompliance@sdcounty.ca.gov.
Public Notices - Proposed Solid Waste Facility Permit Activity
The following public notices are provided to interested parties related to solid waste facilities or operations. Some of these notices are legally required and others are provided for information only. These notices are grouped by facility name and number and can be viewed using the links provided below.
Description of Amendment
Statutory Timeline Waived
|None at this time|| |