Harm Reduction/Naloxone Training Tools
The Countywide Comprehensive Harm Reduction Strategy (Strategy) was established in January 2021 and aims to utilize evidence-based approaches to address substance use and overdose deaths in San Diego County. Click here to view the Strategy.
A proven strategy to address rising opioid overdose deaths is widespread naloxone distribution within the community.
Naloxone is a medication which reverses the effects of an opioid overdose and its broad distribution in the community provides a safety net so that its life saving capabilities are present when and where an opioid overdose occurs. This landing page is intended to provide tools and resources for programs and staff who will be administering naloxone, distributing to community members, and collecting and recording data.
Naloxone Distribution Project Toolkit
Example Distribution Trainings and Guides
- Example Community Distribution Training PowerPoint from County of San Diego
- San Diego HHSA Naloxone Distribution Desk Guide Site Leads
- San Diego Naloxone Distribution Desk Guide for Staff Distributing Naloxone
- Microsoft Forms Naloxone Distribution Data Entry
- Naloxone Distribution Program (NDP) Data Collection Form
Naloxone Distribution Program Partner Agreements and Policies
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This box is monitored regularly with responses provided in a timely manner.