HealthLink North County
For more information send an email or phone 760-967-4484.
A school-health focused public/private partnership to improve health and education outcomes for North San Diego County's school children. Partners include school nurses, school wellness coordinators, community clinics, mental health providers, local and countywide community-based programs, public health nurses and County Health and Human Services Agency staff.
HealthLink North County activities include bi-monthly meetings featuring informational presentations, opportunities for networking and resource sharing, and an email communication list of over 200 partners. For more information please download the program information and contact sheet.
Email Information Sharing
HealthLink North County participants receive communication by email of important resources, services, upcoming events and other relevant school-health related information. Emails are sent once or twice a month and often include attached flyers and other documents as well as links to on-line information. Participants are encouraged to share resources by sending them to the HealthLink North County Coordinator, Melissa Roberts, via email. To sign up for the HealthLink North County communication list, simply send a request to Melissa Roberts.
HealthLink Public Health Nursing
HealthLink North County also has a Public Health Nursing component. Two dedicated nurses work with North County schools and districts to address health and wellness issues interfering with school attendance or performance.
- In North Coastal Region, contact Debal Acquaro at 760-967-4408.
- In North Inland Region, contact Donna Erfe-Beltran at 760-740-4039.
HealthLink nurses are also available in the other four HHSA Regions:
- In North Central Region, contact Karee Hopkins at 858-573-7334.
- In Central Region, contact Dianne Bourque at 619-229-3424.
- In East Region, contact Judy Wright at 619-401-3685.
- In South Region, contact 619-409-3110.
HealthLink North County meetings are held during the school year on the 4th Tuesday of every other month from 8:30 - 10:00am.
2014-2015 HealthLink North County Meeting Schedule
- September 23, 2014 – North County Regional Education Center (255 Pico Ave., San Marcos)
- November 18, 2014 – 135 Vallecitos de Oro, San Marcos
- January 27, 2015 – North County Regional Education Center (255 Pico Ave., San Marcos)
- March 24, 2015 – 135 Vallecitos de Oro, San Marcos
- May 26, 2015 – North County Regional Education Center (255 Pico Ave., San Marcos)
"Nutrition to Grow On" Curriculum
Nutrition to Grow On: A Garden-Enhanced Nutrition Education Curriculum for Upper Elementary School Children, created by the California Department of Education, is an innovative curriculum for grades 4 – 6 that offers teachers a direct link between the school garden and nutrition education. The curriculum can be utilized during the school day and/or in after-school programs. Click here to download the curriculum directly from the California Department of Education website.
HealthLink North County has numerous partners who provide valuable resources, materials and information to school health professionals and those who work with school-age children. Some valuable links to those partners include:
- San Diego Childhood Obesity Initiative
- Community Health Improvement Partners (CHIP)
- San Diego County Office of Education
- 2-1-1 San Diego
Health and Human Services Agency Programs
- County Health and Human Services Agency
Live Well San Diego – Best Practices for Schools
- Live Well San Diego is an initiative of the County of San Diego to improve health, safety and well-being for all residents. It represents a shared vision that can only be accomplished through collaboration with partners in every sector.
- Partner school districts are sharing best practices and advancing policies and programs that support healthy, safe and thriving students, teachers and families through updated wellness programs, farm-to-cafeteria programs, school gardens, safe routes to schools, disaster preparedness and environmentally conscious buildings.
- For information about becoming a Live Well San Diego partner, click here.
- Current North County Live Well San Diego School Partners:
Child Welfare Services
- Child Abuse Hotline: 800-344-6000
- HHSA Children's Services
- Domestic Violence: DV Hotline 1-88-DVLINKS (1-888-385-4657)
Family Resource Center
- ACCESS (Regional FRC Customer Service Center)
- HHSA Self-Sufficiency Programs
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Eligibility Pre-screening Tool
Public Health Center
HHSA Regional Contact Sheets
For Health and Human Services Agency contact information for North County Regions, please click on the following:
For more information send us an email or phone 760-967-4484.