- No-cost dental care for pregnant women and children ages 0-5 years.
- Preventive services, such as sealant clinics, in neighborhood-based programs.
- Resources and materials for parents, children, educators, care providers, and community-based organizations.
- Free or reduced-cost emergency dental care for children of families with limited resources through a network of pro-bono dentists.
- Technical support and community mobilization.
For more information, please click the links above or visit the STC website at www.sharethecaredental.org.
No-Cost Dental Care for Pregnant Women and Children Ages 0-5 Years
Through generous funding from the First Five Commission of San Diego, the Oral Health Initiative (OHI) is able to provide no-cost dental services to pregnant women and children 0-5 years of age.
- Uninsured children ages 0-5 years (less than 6 years) who have not yet entered kindergarten (children on Share of Cost Medi-Cal may be covered while meeting their share of cost).
- Uninsured pregnant women through 90 days (3 months) postpartum.
- Pregnant women on Denti-Cal.
First 5 San Diego Oral Health Programs
- Dental screenings, exams, and treatment for children ages 0-5 years and pregnant women.
- Care coordination for high-risk patients.
- Oral health education for pregnant women, parents/caregivers, childcare providers, community-based organizations, and dental and medical providers.
Click HERE to find an OHI provider. For more information about the OHI Treatment Fund, please call Project Coordinator, Mary Ann Bundang, at the Council of Community Clinics at 619-542-4335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DHI-STC sealant and fluoride varnish clinics are funded by private donations and carried out in collaboration with the Hispanic Dental Association, the San Diego Association of Women Dentists, Southwestern College of Dental Hygiene, the San Diego County Dental Hygienists’ Society, and the San Diego County Smiles Program.
Sealant and fluoride varnish clinics provide dental sealants or fluoride varnish to children ages 1 through 18 who have no dental resources. Sealant clinics are held several times each year throughout San Diego County, typically on Saturdays.
What is a dental sealant?
A dental sealant is a coating painted on the chewing surfaces of the molars to help prevent cavities. Sealants are painless and require no shots.
What is fluoride varnish?
Fluoride varnish is a special fluoride coating painted on all teeth. Fluoride varnish is a safe and painless way to help prevent cavities.
Visit the Share the Care website or call 619-692-8858 to find out when the next sealant and fluoride varnish clinic is taking place or to make an appointment.
For more information, call 619-692-8858 or send us an email.