- Preserves San Diego's unique, native habitats and wildlife for future generations.
- Works across political boundaries in a unique regional conservation effort.
- Protects watersheds and water quality.
- Streamlines the permitting process for development projects.
- Ensures compliance with the federal Endangered Species Act, state Endangered Species Act, and state Natural Communities Conservation Planning Act.
The MSCP is important because it:
- Conserves San Diego's natural areas and quality of life.
- Protects San Diego's diversity of native plants and animals, including threatened and endangered species.
- Accommodates future growth by streamlining building regulations.
For more information on the County of San Diego's MSCP, follow the links below: