The LUEG Open Performance website provides a look into how the Land Use and Environment Group makes your life better through the use of performance measures and data.
Non-CEQA Public Review
The following page includes documents for public review, though it is not necessarily legally required. They include, but are not limited to: the creation of, or proposals to change, County ordinances, policies, regulations, etc. Because these documents do not fall under California Environmental Quality Act guidelines, they do not have legally-set public review periods and review timelines may vary.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC REVIEW of County of San Diego Zoning Ordinance Amendment related to Medical Marijuana Collective Facilities
On March 16, 2016 the Board of Supervisors directed staff to return to the Board with several options to amend the Zoning Ordinance section pertaining to Medical Marijuana Collective Facilities (MMCF). Based on Board’s direction staff is proposing seven different options for the Board’s consideration which include:
- Require separation buffer from Residential Use rather than Residential Zone
- Increase sensitive land use buffer from 1000 feet to ¼ mile
- Increase sensitive land use buffer from 1000 feet to ½ mile
- Increase sensitive land use buffer from 1000 feet to 1 mile
- Require a 1000 foot separation buffer from incorporated cities
- Requirement for a Major Use Permit to be obtained prior to siting a MMCF
- Limit the number of
Medical Marijuana Collective Facilities per supervisorial
- The term sensitive land use buffer refers to various land uses that may be affected by the siting of a MMCF.
- The amortization provision contained in the Ordinance has also been amended to include further clarification.
The ordinance options are available for review starting August 5, 2016 and can viewed at the links below, and at the County of San Diego Department of Planning & Development Services (PDS), 5510 Overland Avenue, San Diego CA 92123. Written (or email) comments on the proposed draft ordinances must be received no later than Friday, September 9, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. (a 30 day public review period). For additional information, please contact Joseph Farace at (858) 694-3690 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Ordinance Options (7)
NOTICE OF PUBLIC REVIEW for the 2017 General Plan Clean-Up
The proposed project is a General Plan Amendment to correct mapping errors, ownership changes, errors and omissions, internal clarifications, and inconsistencies with the General Plan.
More detailed project information can be found at the Project Website
This project will be open for a public review comment period 45 days starting on June 16, 2017. Comments for the public review period must be received no later than Monday, July 31, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Any questions or comments can be submitted to Josh Menvielle at: firstname.lastname@example.org, (858) 495-5451, Planning & Development Services, 5510 Overland Avenue Suite 310, San Diego CA, 92123