For more information call (619) 692-8487 or send us an e-mail .
CLPPP maintains an electronic surveillance system that enables collection, analysis, and dissemination of information about childhood lead poisoning. Laboratory, case management, and environmental data are collected which provide the basis for case and exposure source evaluation and summary statistics.
Laboratories analyzing blood drawn in California for lead are required to submit all results to the California Department of Public Health. The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch (CLPPB) in turn provides screening statistics to local jurisdictions showing how many children were tested for lead and the number of elevated results.
Graphs and Tables
- Number of children tested (screened) for lead in San Diego County
- Number of Children Receiving Services from San Diego County CLPPP
San Diego County CLPPP PHN Managed Cases by:
- Age, 2009-2013
- Race/Ethnicity, 2009-2013
- HHSA Service Regions, 2009-2013
- City, 2009-2013
- Blood Lead Level (BLL), 2009-2013
- Travel History, 2009-2013
- Possible Sources of Lead Exposure, 2009-2013
- Housing Characteristics, 2009-2013
High Risk Areas for Childhood Lead Poisoning:
If you would like to request additional information, please contact San Diego the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program at (619) 692-8487 or send us an e-mail.