Welcome to the Building Division web page. We are the division that issues building permits. Many people don't know that a building permit is required for most, but not all types of construction, including residential and commercial remodels, demolition and minor electrical, mechanical and plumbing work. The permitting process is designed to ensure the public's health and safety and protect the environment by establishing standards for energy efficiency.
Here are some important Building Division links:
- Research Permit History and Apply for Permits
- Average Wait Times at the Building Counter
- Building Forms and Handouts
- Building Permit-Related Fees
- Building Permit Renewal and Expiration
- Building Plot Plan Requirements
- County Building Codes
- Green Building Program
- Energy Efficiency, Green Building and Renewable Energy Information
- Online Building Permit Application
- Planning a Building Project - General Requirements
Permit Center Queue Status
Check out this CTN.org video about how building codes and inspections keep County residents safe!