Reporting Public Assistance Fraud
The Bureau of Public Assistance Investigations has a dedicated toll-free number that is available 24/7 with multi-lingual services to receive reports of suspected public assistance fraud. Callers may remain anonymous.
Fraud Hotline: 800-421-2252
Due to State law related to confidentiality issues, we are unable to provide the public follow-up information regarding their call.
- What information do I need to report fraud?
The following information is helpful to our investigators when reporting fraud:
- What is the full name of the person(s)?
- What is the person's current address?
- How are they committing public assistance fraud?
If they are working and not reporting it, please tell us where they are working.
- May we contact you? If so, what is your name and phone number?
- What are the most common types of public assistance fraud?
- Unreported parent in the home
- Unreported income
- Ineligible child(ren)
- Child(ren) not living in the home
- What programs are investigated?
You can call 800-421-2252 or e-mail PaFraud@sdcounty.ca.gov to report fraud about CalWORKs, CalFresh, Child Care, In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS), General Relief, and Housing.
- How do I report fraud outside San Diego County?
Contact the California Department of Social Services Public Assistance Fraud Hotline at 800-344-8477 or by e-mail at FraudHotline@dss.ca.gov.