Food Plan Check
To slow the transmission of COVID-19, the Department of
Environmental Health (DEH) will be temporarily closing all public
lobby spaces effective Friday, March 20th. To ensure
our customer’s needs are being met, DEH will be going to a virtual
business process until further notice.
The Plan Check and Construction unit is responsible for reviewing the plans of new food establishments, existing food establishments that are being remodeled, and mobile food facilities such as vending vehicles and pushcarts. If you have questions regarding pool plan check, please visit our pool plan check program.
The Food Plan Check New Construction Guide will assist in the construction of your establishment. Also each and every plan submittal must include the required "health notes". There are a variety of guidelines on plan check related topics below.
- Food Facility Plan Check Application
- Plan Check Fee Schedule
- Online Plan Submission Instructions
- Plan Check Review Reference Guidelines - Does your facility require Plan Check Review?
- Guide to Opening a New Food Business
- Plan Check Consultation Guide
Food Facility Plan Review
Food Facility Plan Check Flow Chart
- Food Facility Plan Check Checklist
Complex Plan Review Guide
- Construction & Operational Guide for Mobile Food Facilities and Mobile Support Units
- Retail Market Conversions For Fresh Produce
- Mobile Food Facility Operations FAQ
- Acceptable Floor Materials
Grease Trap Policy
- Grease Trap Agencies
- Catering - Host Facility Requirements for Breweries
- Catering - Host Facility Plan Check Flow Chart
- Buffet service guidelines
- Mechanical ventilation exemption guide
- Water heater sizing guidelines
- Open-air BBQ guidelines
Do you have questions regarding Pool Plan Check requirements?
Find answers: POOL PLAN CHECK PROGRAM
Plan Check General and Technical Questions: (858) 505-6659
Plan Check Scheduling Questions: (858) 505-6660
|Food & Housing Programs|
|Housing||Pool Plan Check||Swimming Pools|