CALL CENTER: 800-339-4661
In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
IHSS helps seniors and disabled people with services such as:
- Bathing and grooming
- Cleaning the house
- Making meals
Who May Apply
- Meet financial eligibility guidelines
- Be blind, disabled, or age 65 or older
- Meet full-scope requirements for Medi-Cal
- AND be unable to live at home safely without help
- People with Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment (SSI/SSP)
- People without SSI/SSP may qualify but may need to pay part of the costs
You or someone you know may apply for you.
If you apply for a person under 18, apply using the minor's information.
Call (800) 339-4661 to apply with Call Center staff.
All other forms go to your social worker.
Mail or In Person
You can visit or
send your IHSS
application to one of these IHSS Offices:
|389 N. Magnolia Avenue
|El Cajon, CA 92020
|649 W. Mission Avenue Ste.5
|Escondido, CA 92025
|401 Mile of Cars Way Ste.210
|National City, CA 91950
|3708 Ocean Ranch Boulevard Ste.320
|Oceanside, CA 92056
|5560 Overland Avenue Ste.310
|San Diego, CA 92123
|Southeastern Live Well Center
|5101 Market Street Ste.2100
|San Diego, CA 92114
We can print an application at any of our offices.
Fax the IHSS application to (619) 344-8077.
All other forms go to your IHSS worker.
After You Apply
- The IHSS worker will make an appointment to meet you at your home.
- The IHSS worker will talk with you about your medical condition, living arrangements, and help you get from your family, friends, or others.
- The IHSS worker will also talk with you more about services you need and how often.
- A healthcare professional must complete a certification for you about your medical condition and need for services.
- An eligibility worker will let you know how much to pay if you need to.
More information on EVV for recipients and providers.
IHSS/Public Authority Advisory Committee
Visit the IHSS/Public Authority Advisory Committee site to join and become a member.