Board of Supervisors Meeting Agendas
Current Board of Supervisors Agendas
The Board of Supervisors conducts regular meetings on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Tuesday sessions
address regular budget matters, policy issues, and intergovernmental
and legislative matters. Wednesday sessions are for planning and land
use matters. After each session, the actions of the Board of
Supervisors are compiled in a Statement of
The agendas for the Board of Supervisors and Special Districts meetings are officially posted at the County Administration Center, 1600 Pacific Highway, at the South Entrance and outside of Room 310, in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Brown Act (Government Code Sections 54950-54963), Board Policies and Rules of Procedure. For information regarding requests for disability-related modifications or accommodations, including auxiliary aids or services, please click here. Documents on this web page are provided as a convenience to our customers.
To view notices of the agendas and any changes to the agendas, click on the links below.
CHANGES IN MEETING PROTOCOLS DUE TO COVID-19
Beginning May 18, 2021, a limited number of people will be allowed to attend and make comments at Board of Supervisors meetings in person at the County Administration Center as long as certain COVID-19 safety measures are followed. You can also continue to join the meeting virtually.
Here's How You Can Be Engaged!
Attend the Meeting In Person
You will be allowed to attend and make comments at Board of Supervisors meetings in person, however space inside the Board Chamber will be limited to ensure physical distancing. Additional overflow rooms will be available for the public to watch the meeting and wait to speak.
If you attend the Board meeting in person, you will be required to:
- Wear a face covering at all times. Face coverings may only be removed when speaking at the podium.
- Follow physical distancing rules.
- Undergo a security screening, a temperature check and answer standard COVID-19 screening questions when entering the County Administration Center.
- Wait outside the building if the maximum capacity is reached inside the Board Chamber and overflow rooms until space becomes available.
Submit an eComment!
To voice your opinion for upcoming Board meeting agenda items, use the eComment service. You can start submitting eComments when the agenda is released, typically the Wednesday before the meeting. The eComments are sent to the Board of Supervisors and the Chief Administrative Officer for their review. Comments can even be submitted during the meeting.
Public comments on agenda items will be available to view online and the number of comments received on each agenda item will be stated during the meeting. All eComments will be entered into the administrative record of the meeting.
Call-In Your Comments
If you’d like to comment on an item by phone during the Board meeting, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Fill out the online Board of Supervisors tele-comments form to request to speak during the meeting via teleconference. The form must be submitted before the meeting starts. After completing the form, you’ll get instructions on how to call in to the meeting.
- Step 2: Watch or listen to the meeting.
- Step 3: When the Board of Supervisors begins to discuss the agenda item you want to comment on, call in to the conference line and turn off your TV or live stream. You’ll continue to hear the Board meeting after calling in. Please do not call until the item you want to speak about is being discussed.
- Step 4: When it is time for public comments on the item you want to speak about, the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors staff will call speakers by the last four digits of their phone number and will unmute callers. You’ll hear a prompt that will indicate your phone is unmuted. You will then need to press *6 on your phone to unmute yourself. Staff will then ask you to state your name and begin your comments.
Watch on Cable TV: Watch the meeting on these TV channels:
Cox Ch. 24 (South) or Ch. 19 (North); Spectrum Ch. 24 or 85; or
through the County News
Center. Currently, the County News Channel is not available via
- Watch Online: Watch the live stream online. The County will be broadcasting the meeting through a variety of services. Note that there may be a 45-second or more delay when viewing the broadcast online, depending on the service and your Internet connection.
- Listen Via Phone: Listen to the live meeting by dialing (619) 531-4716 while business is being conducted. This is a live, listen-only feed.
Here's a printable PDF of the variety of ways to stay engaged with the Board of Supervisors during the public health emergency.
If you have any questions, please contact the Board Operations Unit at (619) 531-5434.
California Governor Gavin Newsom issued Executive
Order N-29-20 on March 17, 2020, relating to the convening of
public meetings in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Pursuant to the
Executive Order, and to maintain the orderly conduct of the meeting,
the Board of Supervisors may attend the meeting via teleconference or
phone conference and will participate in the meeting to the same
extent as if they were present.
The County of San Diego invites you to submit your comments regarding the Chief Administrative Officer's (CAO) Recommended Operational Plan (budget) for the Fiscal Years 2021-23. Comments will be accepted until the close of the budget hearings at 5 p.m. on June 23, 2021.
The Budget Hearings will commence at 9:00 a.m. on June 14, 2021 when the Board will hear public testimony on all areas of the Recommended Operational Plan. A second budget hearing will be held on June 16, 2021 at 5:30 p.m. for additional public testimony on the Recommended Operational Plan. The Recommended Operational Plan will be considered for adoption by the Board of Supervisors at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, June 29, 2021.
Subscribe online to receive e-mail notifications when new agendas are available.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact our
office at (619) 531-5434 or via email to email@example.com.
The Clerk of the Board of Supervisors is interested in your feedback regarding our website or services. If you would like to share your experience or have any suggestions, please submit your comments by clicking here.