Boards, Commissions and Committees
County government includes those standing and special citizen boards, commissions, committees and task forces formed to advise the Board of Supervisors and County staff on issues and policy and to serve as links to the community. County committees are created as a result of State and Federal legislation, agreements with public or private agencies, and local needs. Boards, Commissions and Committees advise Board of Supervisors on issues relating to the welfare and quality of life in the County. They provide an inter-relationship between the citizenry of the County and the government of the County.
Citizen Advisory Committees range from short-term task-oriented to long-term standing committees with broad-based jurisdictional responsibilities. There are committees for County Service Areas (CSA), health and human services, criminal justice, elderly, planning, land use, parks, libraries, housing, and others.
The following information is available to assist you in participating in a County Board, Committee or Commission.
- Report of current Vacancies/Terms (pdf)
- Application to Serve on a Board, Commission, or Committee (pdf). To determine the Supervisorial District in which you reside visit the San Diego County Registrar of Voters search page.
- Details about each Board - Index of Boards, Commissions and Committees and Fact Sheets
- Current-year list of local appointments (in compliance with the MADDY Act) (pdf)
- For existing members, Incompatible and Non-Profit Incompatible Activities Form (pdf)