The County of San Diego Department of Agriculture, Weights & Measures will be holding a series of Fee Proposal Workshops for stakeholders. The meetings will take place on March 13th and 14th, 2018. Please see these letters for agricultural customers and weights & measures customers for date, time, and location information. A more detailed map of the locations can be found here.
NEW! The County of San Diego Pesticide Regulation Program will be offering four FREE fieldworker (not pesticide handler) training sessions in March. Please see this letter for dates, times, locations, and registration information.
Fee Notification Letters
New fee schedules are going in to effect for some of our divisions on July 1st, 2017. Please click the links below to see the updated fees:
Agriculture, Weights and Measures
Promoting a thriving agricultural community, healthy residents and balanced environment. Supporting a fair marketplace and consumer confidence in the accuracy of product weight, measure and price.
We serve you by protecting public health, the environment and local agriculture.
Here is a sample of what we do:
- Ensure the safe use of pesticides and investigate illnesses
- Inspect eggs for defects to prevent food-borne illnesses
- Prevent the establishment of pests that require pesticide controls, sting or severely injure people, or inhibit growing fresh nutritious fruits, vegetables and other plants
- Promote the use of effective biocontrol measures
- Regulate organic growers, certified producers and certified farmers’ markets to allow local marketing of fresh commodities
- Ensure accurate net quantity of packaged goods and accuracy of commercial weighing, measuring and scanning devices
- Protect people from injury and disease caused by wildlife
Private Applicator Certification Exam: Schedule Online
Private Applicator Certificate Exams can now be scheduled online. Please click the button below to schedule your exam.