Purchasing and Contracting
County of San Diego Outreach Events and Workshops:
|17||Wednesday||9:00 am - 1:00 pm||Event: San Diego Unified School District Construction Expo|
|Kearny High School, Stanley Foster School|
|1954 Komet Way, San Diego, 92111|
|24||Wednesday||2:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Event: 2019 Department of Navy Gold Coast, Presentation on "Contracting Opportunties with the County of San Diego"|
|Location: San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101, Room 24A/B (upper level)|
|25 and 26||Thursday-Friday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm||Event: 2019 Department of Navy Gold Coast, Booth Exhibit|
|Location: San Diego Convention Center, 111 W. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101, Exhibit Halls E, F and G.|
|25||Thursday||6:00 pm - 9:00 pm||Event: Prevailing Wage Seminar|
|Location: San Diego International Airport, Administration Building 2nd Floor, aka Commuter Terminal, 3225 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101|
|9||Friday||10:00 am - 11:00 am||Event: Doing Business with the County of San Diego Procurement Outreach Workshops for Local and Small Businesses|
|Location: 5560 Overland Avenue, Suite 270, Conference Room C, San Diego, CA 92123|
- The primary way to participate in County business opportunities.
- An interactive online Procurement Application for suppliers interested in doing business with the County of San Diego.
- The way for a supplier to register, receive email notifications, download documents, respond to solicitations, or view awarded contracts.
The Department of Purchasing and Contracting will deliver World-Class Procurement Services, focused on County Departments' (Customer) needs, while providing value-added business advice with outstanding Customer service and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
The Department of Purchasing and Contracting (DPC) operates to provide County Departments (Customer) and other associated organizations outstanding procurement support necessary to meet their operational missions and objectives.
Our procurement services are aligned with our Customer's organizations and are focused on:
- Acquiring high quality goods and services, as required and defined by the County Departments.
- Securing services within the schedule and time periods needed by the County Department.
- Purchase of goods and services at fair and reasonable prices; under contract terms which represent the best interest of the County.
Procurement of goods and services will be completed in compliance with all applicable laws, policies and regulations in a manner that supports the best interests of the County.
DPC is committed to transparency and accountability of all purchasing and contracting transactions, and making all contracting opportunities available to qualified businesses which can best meet the County's needs.
Core Philosophy and Values
- Conduct County procurement with the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and compliance.
- Provide outstanding customer services to Customers, Contractors, and residents.
- Be proactive and listen to the needs of our Customers and Contractors.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice of best business practices, procurement processes, and in conformance with laws/regulations.