Purchasing and Contracting
Contractor COVID Information: Letters to County contractors, providing information and guidance regarding the COVID-19 crisis and its effect on County contracts and contractors, can be found at the following link:
COVID Meal Delivery Services: If you are a restaurant, caterer, or other food provider interested in providing meals to older adults and individuals with health conditions or disabilities that make it difficult to prepare or obtain food, apply through one or both of the surveys below:
Great Plates Delivered – RFQ 10461 (delivery of 3 meals per day, 7 days per week) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PNVRKQB
Great Plates 2.0: Dinner Delivered – RFQ 10462 (delivery of 1 meal per day, 7 days per week) https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8DMXKVB
COVID Emergency Hotel Rooms: If you are able to provide Hotel rooms related to the County's COVID-19 response, please complete the survey form at the link below:
Hotel rooms: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLK6DLH
County of San Diego Outreach Events and Workshops:
|Aug 31 - Sep 2||Mon-Wed||All Day||Event: Department of the Navy Gold Coast 2020 |
Location: Virtual Event
- The primary way to participate in County business opportunities.
- An interactive online Procurement Application for suppliers interested in doing business with the County of San Diego.
- The way for a supplier to register, receive email notifications, download documents, respond to solicitations, or view awarded contracts.
Looking Ahead: Principles, Vision, Mission and Values
Integrity - Expertise - Transparency
Achieve excellence in procurement and support services through collaboration with County Departments and engagement with the community and suppliers.
Provide efficient and effective mission-focused contracting services applying open, inclusive and transparent practices.
Our procurement services are aligned with our Customer's organizations and are focused on:
- Acquiring high quality goods and services, as required and defined by the County Departments.
- Securing services within the schedule and time periods needed by the County Department.
- Purchase of goods and services at fair and reasonable prices; under contract terms which represent the best interest of the County.
Procurement of goods and services will be completed in compliance with all applicable laws, policies and regulations in a manner that supports the best interests of the County.
DPC is committed to transparency and accountability of all purchasing and contracting transactions, and making all contracting opportunities available to qualified businesses which can best meet the County's needs.
- Conduct County procurement with the highest standards of ethics, integrity, and compliance.
- Provide outstanding customer services to Customers, Contractors, and residents.
- Be proactive and listen to the needs of our Customers and Contractors.
- Provide expert knowledge and advice of best business practices, procurement processes, and in conformance with laws/regulations.