Medical Care Services Division
Medical Care Services Division supports access to quality, timely, and evidence-based care in San Diego County’s communities.
Our role is to:
- Support quality assurance and quality improvement efforts for medical care services provided by the Health and Human Services Agency;
- Guide policy and standards of practice for Health and Human Services Agency nurses;
- Regulate, coordinate and integrate the local emergency medical services system;
- Provide expertise to support programs that improve the health and well-being of children; and
- Provide expertise to support programs that improve the oral health of San Diegans of all ages.