Food Temporary Events
The California Health and Safety Code, Sec. 114387 requires a
Temporary Food Facility (TFF) Permit of any person or organization
that is providing food at a public event. All food vendors, including
existing restaurants, are required to apply for a Temporary Food
Facility Permit when participating in a temporary event. A TFF permit
is valid for one single food booth only. If a vendor is operating more
than one booth at an event, a permit must be obtained for each booth
location. Separate applications must be submitted. If a vendor will be
operating at more than one event in San Diego County on the same day,
each location must also be permitted separately. This applies to all
TFF permit types, including single and multi-event. More general Temporary Food Event Information can be found
Avoid Food Poisoning, Don't Eat From Unpermitted Food Vendors!
Pollution Prevention at Events
|WHAT IS A TEMPORARY FOOD FACILITY PERMIT?|
The California Health and Safety Code section 114387 requires a Temporary Food Facility (TFF) Permit of any person or organization providing food at a public event. All food vendors, including existing restaurants, are required to apply for a Temporary Food Facility Permit when participating in a temporary event. There are 2 types of TFF permits in San Diego County, a TFF Organizer permit and a TFF Vendor permit for operating a booth. A permit is required for public events providing food and shall be applied for at least 30 days prior to the event start date. Should you have any questions, feel free to call our Temporary Events Line (858) 505-6809 or email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: 09/2017 - APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN UPDATED. NEW FEES ARE LISTED.
Refer to the California Retail Food Code (CalCode), Chapter 11 (Health & Safety Code, Sections 114335 to 114363) for Temporary Food Facility requirements. Temporary Food Facilities must also meet all applicable requirements in CalCode Chapters 1 to 8, inclusive, Chapter 12.6, and Chapter 13, unless specifically exempted.
|NEW PERMIT HOLDER|
1. Submit a complete application and applicable fees. TFF Organizer Application TFF Vendor Application
2. Applications and fees can be mailed, submitted in person, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure checks are made payable to “County of San Diego”.
3. Applications for Temporary Food Facility annual permits must include a Commissary Agreement Letter / Out of County Commissary Agreement Letter and evidence of a Food Safety Certificate.
4. If approved, the “Temporary Food Facility Permit" will be issued by the Environmental Health Specialist on the day of the event, or issued through your Event Organizer.
5. Use the Self Inspection Checklist to help prepare you the day of your event.
6. Review Watershed Protection Program Pollution Prevention Guidance Document.
|EXISTING PERMIT HOLDER|
If you already have a valid "Temporary Food Facility Permit" issued by this department, please do the following:
1. Provide the Temporary Food
Facility Event Organizer with a photocopy of your permit.
2. The original permit must be posted in the booth when open for business, photocopies will not be accepted.
3. Remember to utilize the Self Inspection Checklist to help prepare you for your event day.
4. Review Watershed Protection Program Pollution Prevention Guidance Document.
General Temporary Food Event Information.
Please view our PowerPoint presentation, "Certified Farmers' Markets and Temporary Events", designed specifically for farmers' markets and temporary event organizers. Use the Temporary Event Self Inspection Checklist to help prepare you for your event.
Agriculture, Weights and Measures (AWM) has created a Self-Inspection Checklist for operators at
Certified Farmers' Markets. Please view their PowerPoint
presentation, "Certified Farmers' Market Self-Inspection
Checklist", for more information.
If you have questions regarding obtaining a health permit for a temporary event, please contact us.
Temporary Event Phone: (858) 505-6809
Temporary Events E-mail: email@example.com
|Food & Housing Programs|
|Body Art||Housing||Swimming Pools|