Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information and Resources:
- Local information and daily COVID-19 updates: Coronavirus-SD.com.
- Medical Equipment Donations Organizations or individuals can donate masks, gowns, face shields and more through a partnership with Rady Children's Foundation and Rock Church.
- Volunteer opportunities Find ways to volunteer, including health care volunteers. Organizations can list volunteer opportunities. Visit JustServe.
Take our Survey
OES' Whole Community Survey is available in six languages (English,
Arabic, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese and Chinese (Traditional)):
1) Click the link below
2) Click the white arrow in the top right corner of the survey
3) Make your language choice.
The survey closes May 1, 2022, and residents who choose to include their email address in the survey will be invited to attend a virtual forum on Monday, May 23.
Survey answers will be discussed and incorporated into the Operational Area Emergency Operations Plan and the Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Office of Emergency Services
The Office of Emergency Services (OES) coordinates the overall county response to disasters. OES is responsible for alerting and notifying appropriate agencies when disaster strikes; coordinating all agencies that respond; ensuring resources are available and mobilized in times of disaster; developing plans and procedures for response to and recovery from disasters; and developing and providing preparedness materials for the public.
OES staffs the Operational Area Emergency Operations Center (a central facility which provides regional coordinated emergency response), and also acts as staff to the Unified Disaster Council (UDC), a joint powers agreement between all 18 incorporated cities and the County of San Diego. The UDC provides for coordination of plans and programs countywide to ensure protection of life and property.
The County of San Diego OES is accredited with the Emergency Management Accreditation Program.
If you wish to contact us with questions, comments or complaints, you may do so in the following ways:
5580 Overland Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123-1294
fax: (858) 565-3499