In accordance with the County of San Diego Health Officer Order regarding COVID-19, starting Tuesday, April 7, 2020, we are adapting how our services are provided until further notice.
All authorizations and records requests are processed by MAIL or E-MAIL only:
- Authorizations to make arrangements for disposition or to release property
- Requests for Medical Examiner’s reports
- Subpoena service for records and/or appearance
Other services provided by APPOINTMENT only:
- Release of a decedent’s property
For mortuaries and funeral homes:
- Our releasing hours are unchanged at this time. Please see the Information for Funeral Directors page for any updates or changes.
Our phone and e-mail information services will remain available. Please e-mail or call to discuss your needs with a staff member, or to schedule an appointment before visiting our office.
- Main line: 858-694-2895
- E-mail Contact: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: Office of the Medical Examiner, 5570 Overland Ave, Suite 101. San Diego, CA 92123
For more information from the County of San Diego about the coronavirus disease and real-time updates please visit www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus or sign up for text message updates by texting COSD COVID19 to 468-311.
San Diego County
Medical Examiner's Office
5570 Overland Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123-1206 (Click for Map)
After coming to the cul-de-sac at the end of Overland, just turn left and our building will be on the right.
Phone: (858) 694-2895
Fax: (858) 495-5956