CAPI Eligibility Requirements
Individuals may be eligible for the Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants if they meet the following criteria:
- Aged 65 or older
- Not eligible for SSI/SSP solely due to immigration status
- Certain immigrants who entered the United States before August 22, 1996
- Sponsored immigrants who entered the United
States after August 21, 1996, and the sponsor is
- Deceased, or
- Disabled, or
- Abusive (or the sponsor's spouse is abusive)
- Entered the United States after August 21, 1996; and
- Do not have a sponsor; or
- Have a sponsor who is not deceased, disabled or abusive.
If you are disabled you will also be eligible for the SSI Advocacy Program, unless you are currently represented by an attorney.
For more information send us an e-mail or call 866-262-9881