Appeals FAQs

Expand All | Collapse All

  • How do I contact Access?

    The phone number is toll free at 1-866-262-9881. The TDD number for the hearing impaired is 619-589-4459. The fax number is 619-236-9167. 

  • How do you ask for an Appeals Hearing?

    For all programs except General Relief (GR) and County Medical Services (CMS) you may select one of two options: Fill out the reverse side of the Notice of Action and mail or bring to: The San Diego County Health and Human Services, Appeals Section 1255 Imperial Ave. Third Floor, San Diego, CA 92101. Or call the toll free number at 1-800-952-5253. (Hearing or speech impaired, call TDD line at 1-800-952-8349.)

  • Who do I call if I am denied County Medical Services and I disagree with the denial?

    Follow the instructions provided on your Notice of Action on how to request a review. Information regarding requesting an appeal is also in the CMS Patient Handbook. You can find the CMS Patient Handbook by selecting "CMS Handbooks".

  • If I am denied General Relief, what can I do?

    If you feel it was a mistake to be denied General Relief, you can ask to speak with the supervisor of your worker in the Family Resource Center where you applied. If you are still not satisfied, ask for an appeal hearing by calling the GR Calendar Clerk at (619) 237-8534, or by writing to: GR Calendar Clerk, HHSA Appeals Section, 1255 Imperial Ave. Third Floor - MS: W402, San Diego CA 92101