CALL CENTER: 800-339-4661
Health & Fitness
The following health and fitness resources are specifically designed
with the needs of older adults in mind:
Note, this information is subject to change. Be sure to check back regularly.
Call (858) 495-5500
- The Feeling Fit Club is a functional fitness program designed for older adults. While in-person classes are not available at this time, older adults can exercise with the Feeling Fit Club at home! Visit the County News Center website or view episodes on TV: Monday – Friday at 8:00 am, 1:00 pm, and 4:00 pm on Cox channels 19 or 24, Time Warner channel 85, and U-verse channel 99.
- Existing Feeling Fit Club participants are encouraged to exercise during their regularly scheduled class time.
- Call to order a free stretch band and DVD
- View additional Healthy Living classes
- Tips, resources and activities from community partners to help older adults and senior residents maintain their physical fitness while at home
- Exercise and physical activity campaign from the National Institute on Aging at the National Institute of Health designed to help you fit exercise and physical activity into your daily life
- Learn more about the health benefits of exercise and exercise safety tips and see workout videos for all four types of exercise – endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility