CALL CENTER: 800-339-4661
COVID-19 Scams: How to Protect Yourself
Scammers are taking advantage of fears and uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. This video highlights new scams related to COVID-19 and offers helpful tips on how you can stay vigilant and avoid new scams. Key takeaways include watching out for phishing emails and texts, researching before you donate, hanging up on robocalls, and more.
San Diego County District Attorney
Go through the Oasis Connections Guide to Online Safety and learn how avoid dangerous links, safely browse online, and more.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
Read FTC’s most-up-to date information on consumer
coronavirus scams, and learn how to avoid and report scams.
Federal Drug Administration
Health fraud scams can be found everywhere making claims to be a cure or a quick fix for health issues. Learn more about health fraud scams and how to avoid them.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFBP)
CFPB offers educational tips and resources on how to protect yourself and others from financial scams. Visit the CFPB fraud and scams webpage to learn more.
- Scam Alert – San Diego County Sheriff’s Department
- How to Spot Scams – San Diego Gas & Electric
- Social Security: Fraud and Prevention Reporting – Social Security Administration
- Tax Scams/Consumer Alerts – IRS
- Help Fight Medicare Fraud – Medicare.gov
- Scams and Frauds – USAGov
- Consumer Alerts – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services