The County of San Diego has ten thriving Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). The ERGs are recognized as a resource to the organization and to our employees by allowing members to network, sponsor professional development activities, address common issues, provide support for County of San Diego initiatives, assist with recruiting and retaining talent, and promoting cultural awareness and understanding. ERGs, while inclusive and open to all are comprised of employees with common interest and a desire to create a positive workplace culture and enhance service delivery to the public.
At the County of San Diego our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) play an important role in advancing our commitment to diversity and in creating and sustaining an inclusive workplace. By reflecting the diversity of the residents served the County is better positioned to provide superior customer service for all.
The County of San Diego is proud to be home to one of the longest standing ERGs in the country; namely, the San Diego County Latino Association, which was established in the early 1980s. Below is a list of our current ERGs:
- African-American Association of County Employees (AAACE)
- Asian Pacific Alliance of County Employees (APACE)
- County of San Diego Filipino-American Employees’ Association (CSDFEA)
- diverseABILITY ERG
- Emerging Workforce Association (EWA)
- Lesbian, Gay, Transgender, Bisexual & Allies ERG (LGBT & Allies)
- Veterans Employee Resource Group (VALOR)
- Middle Eastern Employee Resource Group (MEERG)
- San Diego County Latino Association (SDCLA)
- Pacific Islander Society Of County Employees (PISCE)
For more information about the County of San Diego’s ERGs, contact ERG executive advisor, Joe Cordero at firstname.lastname@example.org.