Health & Human Services Agency
The Health and Human Services Agency is one of four groups or divisions of San Diego County government. The Agency provides a broad range of health and social services to promote wellness, self-sufficiency, and a better quality of life for individuals and families in San Diego County. The Agency integrates health and social services through a unified service-delivery system that is family focused and community-based. Services are delivered in a cost-effective and outcome-driven fashion, and support Live Well San Diego, the County vision for healthy, safe and thriving communities.
- Vaping-Associated Lung Injury
- Live Well San Diego
- ACCESS Customer Service Center
- Behavioral Health Services, including Alcohol and Drug Treatment, and Mental Health Programs
- Birth and Death Certificates
- Cool Zones Information
- Foster and Adoptive parenting information
- Health statistics and data
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Services for older adults and seniors
In 2017 Edgemoor DPSNF joined an elite company of facilities nationwide becoming only the 34th facility to earn an American Health Care Association Gold Award for Service Quality Excellence from a pool of more than 15,600 skilled nursing facilities.
2016 National accreditation recipient for Public Health Services from the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)
2015 Innovations in American Government Awards “Bright Ideas” Recipient by Harvard University
2014 Silver Achievement in Quality Award by the American Health Care Association and the National Center for Assisted Living