Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card
CalFresh and cash aid benefits come on a plastic card that you can use just like a debit or ATM card. It is called an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card.
EBT signs are posted on store doors, in check-out lanes, at automated teller machines (ATM) and point-of-sale (POS) machines tell you if your EBT card can be used at that store or machine.
- Check your CalFresh and cash benefit balances,
- See your EBT card use history, and
- Find places to use your EBT
card, including surcharge-free* cash locations.
To find stores in San Diego County that accept CalFresh/SNAP EBT cards, click: SNAP Retailer Locator
- State of California EBT Project
California Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Card
Pamphlet (PUB 388)
- Card Verification Value (CVV) EBT Card Security Enhancement FAQs
If you have any questions, call Access toll-free at 866-262-9881.