**The health and well-being of our community is of utmost importance. Out of an abundance of caution given the latest progressions with COVID-19, the Child and Family Strengthening Advisory Board meeting scheduled for Friday, March 13, 2020 is canceled.
At this time, the next meeting of the full Advisory Board is scheduled for Friday, May 8, 2020. The subcommittees are scheduled to meet on April 30, 2020. We encourage everyone to please communicate with those you know who were planning to attend the meeting so they are informed of the cancelation.
For information on COVID-19, please visit the County’s website at www.coronavirus-sd.com or call 2-1-1 San Diego if you have questions. **
The mission of the Advisory Board is to encourage cross-sector collaboration and transparent monitoring of the San Diego County child welfare system to ensure the safety and well-being of children and families.
The Board of Supervisors has taken a strong leadership role in supporting efforts to prevent and respond to child abuse and neglect. The efforts focus on strengthening families by identifying and addressing the needs of children and youth who are in the public charge as well as those whose safety and welfare may be at risk.
The Child and Family Strengthening Advisory Board of San Diego County was created to enhance the ability of the County to prevent and respond to child abuse and neglect. The Advisory Board has absorbed the duties of the Child Abuse Prevention Coordinating Council and will work closely with the Polinsky Children’s Center Advisory Board and the San Diego Foster Care Services Committee. The Advisory Board has broad oversight over the County’s child welfare system.
The Advisory Board consists of twenty-one (25) voting members representing a broad cross-section of community and stakeholders as follows:
- Two (2) members of the Board of Supervisors who serve as Co-Chairs
- Three (3) Supervisorial District representatives
- Presiding Judge of the Juvenile Court or designee
- Health and Human Services Agency Director or designee
- Child Welfare Services Director or designee
- Chief Probation Officer or designee
- First 5 San Diego Executive Director or designee
- Former Foster Youth
- Foster Parent association
- Foster Family agency
- Congregate care provider
- Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Legal counsel for minors in juvenile court
- Legal counsel for parents in juvenile court
- San Diego County Office of Education
- Juvenile justice community-based organization
- Children’s health care professional
- Social Worker
- Two (2) individuals with lived experience who reflect over-represented populations in the system with a preference for former foster youth
- Representative from Polinsky Children's Center
- Representative from San Pasqual Academy