Frequently Asked Questions: Payments
- What can I do to make sure I get my check as fast as possible?
Sign up for direct deposit on-line via the Web site at www.casdu.com.
- If I already have direct deposit, do I have to enroll again?
No. If your support payment is already going into your bank account, nothing will change. Your payment will continue to be deposited into your account.
- Can I still call the local child support office if I have questions about my case?
Yes. The local office will still answer your case related questions. SDU is only responsible for collecting and processing child support payments.
- How will I make my payments?
- Can I continue to make credit card payments?
- Can I go to my child support office and make a payment?
- My payment is taken out of my paycheck. How will I be affected?
Your employer will receive instructions for sending child support payments to the SDU.
All payments will be credited on the day the payment is received at the SDU, not when it is deducted from your paycheck.
It will be your responsibility to make the support payments directly to the SDU until your employer notifies you that the withholding is in place.
- How can I check my account balance?
- Can I specify how my child support payments are applied?
No. DCSS must follow State regulations when applying child support payments.
- Is the noncustodial parent obligated to pay child support while in jail?
Yes, however you should contact DCSS when either parent is incarcerated.
- How can I get a list of previously made payments?
You may log into Customer Connect to access all payments made or received.
You may call the automated phone system to check the status of your last 10 payments.