CALL CENTER: 800-339-4661
Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP)
The Multipurpose Senior Services Program (MSSP) is a care management service for seniors age 65 and older who are eligible for Medi-Cal and at risk of institutionalization.
How does the program work?
Ironically, sometimes staying independent in one's home means getting
help. That extra help with bill-paying, shopping, laundry, and other
tasks can keep someone from having to rely on family or leaving their
MSSP care managers work with the client, family members and medical team to find and coordinate services in the home. Through the timely use of these services, MSSP protects both frail elders and California's budget from the cost of institutional care.
List of Included Services
- Comprehensive health and psychosocial assessment.
- Care planning with the client and family.
- Arrangement of services.
- Coordination of care with other community agencies.
- Some limited payment of in-home services.
- Ongoing monitoring.
- Annual reassessments.
- Quarterly home visits and monthly contacts.
Who We Serve
The program serves clients in all regions of San Diego County. Most clients live in their own homes.
- Age 65 or older.
- Must be Medi-Cal eligible.
- At risk of placement in a skilled nursing facility or intermediate care facility.
- Clients usually have multiple health problems requiring the use and coordination of many community services.
Alternatives to MSSP: If someone is not eligible for MSSP, a Call Center 800-339-4661 professional will evaluate the candidate for other possible AIS care management programs or refer the person to private-pay care management services.
Who can make a referral?
Anyone can make a referral to MSSP, not just health care professionals. Call 800-339-4661 to apply.
Who should know about MSSP?
- Low-income, high-risk elders and their families.
- Hospital discharge planners.
- Social service agencies.
- Home health agencies.
For more information about MSSP, call 800-339-4661 or send us an email.