CALFRESH HEALTHY LIVING
The CalFresh Healthy Living program is a statewide program that promotes well-being for people across California. More than one-third of California residents are eligible for CalFresh Healthy Living, which strives to improve the health of Californians through education and healthy community changes. In 2013, San Diego County began providing CalFresh Healthy Living services. The program helps San Diego County residents by sharing nutrition education, promoting physical activity, improving access to healthy foods, and many other activities. Check out some of our local CalFresh Healthy Living efforts and education opportunities below.
For more nutrition education resources including videos and program successes, click on the "Learning" icon above.
To find more free events and resources in your community, visit 2-1-1 San Diego.
Good nutrition is important for people in
all stages of life. Check out the following educational resources to
learn more about how to support a healthy lifestyle.
- CalFresh Healthy Living tips and resources.
- EatFresh.org for online recipes, nutrition, and food resources.
- San Diego County Farm Bureau for a list of local farmers markets.
- San Diego Hunger Coalition food assistance resources.
MyPlate, MyWin Resource to find a healthy
eating style that works for you.
- Team Nutrition Quizzes to test and build your nutrition knowledge.
- MyPlate, MyWin Resource to find a healthy eating style that works for you.
- What's Your Beverage Breakdown to learn how much added sugar is in your beverages.
For more information, check out the California Department of Public Health’s CalFresh
Healthy Living program website.
This work is part
Live Well San Diego
and is implemented by the
County of San Diego Health and Human Services
California's CalFresh Healthy Living, with
funding from the United States Department of Agriculture’s
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – USDA SNAP, produced
These institutions are
equal opportunity providers and employers. This work
Live Well San Diego, the County’s vision for a region
that is Building Better Health, Living Safely, and
Thriving. For more information, visit
www.LiveWellSD.org . Visit www.CalFreshHealthyLiving.org
for healthy tips.
Webpage last updated May 4, 2023