About Health Services Advisory Board (HSAB)
The Advisory Board shall have the following duties and responsibilities as per the San Diego County Code of Administrative Ordinances, Article LV San Diego County Health Services Advisory Board, Section 861.8:To review and make recommendations on new policies and programs within the Health and Human Services Agency. Any policy or program advice by the Committee which impacts the administration of the County will be referred to the Chief Administrative Officer for his review and comment. To review the Health and Human Services Agency’s annual budget and provide written comments and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors and the Director of the Health and Human Services Ageny. To examine the variables which impact access to health care and to develop an integrated set of recommendations aimed at an improved health care delivery system. Develop recommendations which bring discipline and coordination to a fragmented health care delivery system.
- To review current and proposed health related legislation and recommend support, opposition or propose change to the Board of Supervisors, and the Director of the Health and Human Services Agency to pursue further action through appropriate legislative channels.
- To solicit and provide a forum for public input, advice, and proposed solutions and alternatives on critical health issues and problems in the community and faced by the County government.
- To serve as the designated nominating authority for membership on designated Advisory Committees and forward these nominations to the Board of Supervisors for appointment.
- To assist the Director of the Health and Human Services Agency in assessing those community issues which could result in fiscal impact on the County government and making recommendations regarding such impacts.
- To perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Board of Supervisors.
Meeting Dates and Locations
Wednesday, January 22, 2020: Nominating Subcommittee Meeting: 5255 Kearny Villa Road, San Diego, CA 92123, 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Agenda
Thursday, January 23, 2020: Legislative Subcommittee Meeting: 5575 Ruffin Road, Suite 250, San Diego, CA 92123, 10:30 am to 11:00 am: Agenda
Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Agenda
(First Tuesday of every month)
County Administration Center (Map/Directions)
1600 Pacific Highway, Room 302/303
San Diego, CA 92101
Anuj Bhatia, DrPH
Health & Human Services Agency, Mail Stop P578