1. Can I qualify if I am receiving Unemployment Benefits?
No. Current recipients of Unemployment Insurance Benefits are not eligible for the stipend.
2. Do I qualify if I have employer paid sick leave or time off?
No. If you qualify for and are receiving employer paid sick leave or time off of any kind you are not eligible for the program.
3. Am I eligible for the program if I have been laid-off or furloughed, but have not tested positive for COVID-19?
No. One of the required criteria of eligibility for the program is a positive COVID-19 test.
4. Is the stipend retroactive?
No. Stipends are not retroactive. The effective date of program eligibility is September 25, 2020.
5. How long can I receive the stipend?
Stipends are available to eligible COVID-19 positive individuals, who meet all eligibility criteria, on a one-time basis.
6. How will I receive the stipend?
Stipends will be issued in the form of a paper check and sent via US Mail.
7. Can I get the stipend in another form (debit card, wire transfer)?
At this time stipends will only be issued in the form of a paper check.
8. If I am still sick after 2 weeks, can I get a second stipend payment?
No. The stipend program is for a 2 week period only. Extensions will not be considered.
9. I am waiting for my test result. They told me that I should not go to work until I get my test result. Am I eligible for the stipend?
No. Eligibility for the stipend is effective once the individual has received a positive COVID-19 test result.
10. Is the stipend taxable income?
No, as the stipends are Qualified Disaster Relief Payments due to COVID-19.
11. Is marriage a factor for eligibility?