Child Care Services
Parents who are receiving CalWORKs cash aid or who have received cash aid within the past two years are eligible for subsidized child care through a voucher program.
- Current CalWORKs recipients may contact Access toll-free at 866-262-9881, or if you are in CalWORKs Employment Services now, you can talk to your Employment Services case manager.
- Families that have been discontinued from CalWORKs cash aid within the past two years may contact either of the Alternative Payment Programs for immediate child care assistance.
Child Development Associates (CDA) 619-427-4411 ext. 1400
YMCA Childcare Resource Service 619-521-3055 ext. 1565
If you are not currently receiving CalWORKs or have not received CalWORKs within the past two years, there are also some state-funded programs for low-income workers. To sign up on an eligibility list, visit the Centralized Eligibility List or call 800-521-0560.
- For child care resources and referrals: YMCA Childcare Resource Service or 800-481-2151
- To become a family child care provider: Family Child Care Home Licensing or 619-767-2200
- To Inquire or complain about a provider: Community Care Licensing or 619-767-2200
For more information call Access toll-free at 866-262-9881.