Application Process Tips


Below is a list of documents that may be needed when applying for CalFresh benefits.

If you are eligible to CalFresh Expedited Service, you will only need to show your identification. The other information/documents can be given to the eligibility worker later (See FAQ, “What is CalFresh Expedited Service?”)

Verification Documents
Identification Identity may be verified through a variety of documents, including but not limited to, Department of Motor Vehicles ID or driver's license, work or school ID, voter registration card or birth certificate.
Residency Your driver’s license, check stubs, rent or mortgage receipt, lease agreement, or utility bill
Immigration Status Green card (I-551), I-94, or other document provided by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS)
Earned Income Check stubs or a statement from your employer
Other Income Your award letter or a current benefit check (example: SSA, unemployment, disability)
Housing and Utility Costs Verified by customers' statement on the application, periodic report, recertification or verbal statement
Medical Bills Health insurance, doctor bills, hospital bills, drug receipts, pharmacy statements, etc.


If you have any questions, call Access toll-free at 866-262-9881.