"Click! to Schedule" Appointments Online

Book appointments directly with departments and staff using the links below and receive confirmation via email. SMS/text notifications are also available*

*Carrier charges and/or text messaging rates may apply


Here's a list of the various appointment types:

Department of Environmental Health and Quality

Community Event Permit (CEP) Consultation

Have questions regarding the Community Event Permit process for Non-Profit Organizations hosting public community events in Unincorporated County of San Diego? We've set aside 15 minutes for an informative session where you can ask questions and receive answers.


Cottage Food Operation Label Consultation

This is an opportunity to bring your label samples to the office for assistance in ensuring that they contain the correct information to prevent any possible delays in the approval of your CFO Application.


Plan Check Counter Consultations - Food, Mobile Food, Body Art, Massage

After reviewing the Plan Check Guidelines, you may take advantage of this opportunity to schedule a 15 minute over the counter consultation for additional assistance.


Mobile Food Facility Reinspection Scheduling

Please schedule your preapproved mobile vehicle reinspection. The reinspection will take place at the County Operations Center located at 5500 Overland Ave.


Plan Check Counter Consultations - Pool

After reviewing the Plan Check Guidelines, you may take advantage of this opportunity to schedule a 15 minute over the counter consultation for additional assistance.


Temporary Event Consultation (Organizer or Vendor)

This is an opportunity to discuss any questions regarding Temporary Food Facility Permitting, booth requirements and event organizer requirements.


Assistance with CERS submittal

California Environmental Reporting System assistance


HazMat Plan Check

Hazardous Materials Questionnaire


Underground Storage Tank (UST) Program

  1. Consultation - Meet with a UST program specialist to discuss any UST related regulatory issue.
  2. Project Meeting - Meet with UST Plan Check Staff about an ongoing or future Plan Check project.

Household Hazardous Waste Appointments at Ramona

Location is 324 Maple Street, Ramona CA 92065 (at the Ramona Disposal transfer station). Use of the Ramona HHW facility is limited to residents of the unincorporated County of San Diego (by appointment). We cannot accept business wastes, ammunition, explosives, medication, medical waste (other than home-generated sharps), tires, large appliances or radioactive materials. Transportation requirements: Make sure lids are on tight. Leave products in original containers if possible. Transport containers in the truck or back of vehicle away from passengers and pets. Do not transport over 15 gallons or 125 pounds at one time. Containers must be no larger than 5-gallons.


Department of Public Works

Public Works requests are designated for County-Maintained roads and property within the unincorporated areas of San Diego county.

Field Engineering

Meet to discuss county maintained drainage and flooding concerns.


Flood Control

Meeting to discuss FEMA or County mapped floodplain on private property within the unincorporated area of the County. If you need assistance with a flooding issue, please call the stormwater hotline at 888-846-0800. If the appointment is in relation to a Land Development project in process, a meeting should be scheduled directly with the PDS Project Manager.


Special Event permits

Schedule a meeting to review a special event permit you have submitted.


Traffic Control Permits

Schedule a meeting to review a traffic control permit you have submitted.


Traffic Operations

Meet with Traffic Engineering staff to discuss road safety issues related to traffic operations. Meeting can be set up to discuss signage, striping, intersection controls, parking restrictions, and pedestrian safety.


Planning & Development Services

Field Initiated Complaint (FICO) stamps

Obtain the necessary approvals from a PDS Code Compliance Officer. They must review and stamp plans prior to submittal to the Building Division for plan check as well as prior to issuance of a building permit to correct the violation.


Case-specific Code Compliance Inquiry

Due to the number of field-work inspections, it is highly recommended that you set up an in-office appointment to meet with the assigned Code Compliance officer and discuss specific issues about the case.


General Inquiries

Meet with PDS Code Compliance staff for assistance with general questions about previous, existing or potential violations.


Land Development Grading Permit Application Submittal

First submittal of plans and application for Residential Minor Grading, Minor Grading, or Major Grading projects.


Land Development Grading Permit Issuance

Permit issuance for Residential Minor Grading, Minor Grading, or Major Grading projects approved by the PDS Land Development Engineer.


If you have any technical issues with this page, please contact lueginbox@sdcounty.ca.gov.