Facilities - Central
Central Region Public Health Center
Open: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm*
Closed: Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
*Clinic hours may be extended to meet community needs.
The Central Region Public Health Center (PHC) provides access to preventative health services including public health nurse visitation programs. Below are the services offered:
- Immunizations: Provides a daily immunization clinic for children and adults who do not have health insurance or whose health insurance does not cover vaccinations, Medi-Cal participants ages 0-18, Alaskan Native or American Indian ages 0-18, and persons 6 month and older in need of influenza (flu) vaccine regardless of health coverage. For self-serve please schedule an on-line appointment.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Testing and Treatment: Offers Tuberculosis testing and treatment to assist in the detection, control and to prevent the spread of TB through treatment and case management.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD): Offers regular testing and treatment for most STDs, vaccines for HPV, hepatitis A and B and HIV testing. All services are offered on the basis of risk assessments, physical examinations, and/or laboratory test results.
- Nurse Home Visitation Programs: Provides nurse home visitation services to low income, first-time mothers prior to their 28th week of pregnancy; as well as; services to high risk infants, pregnant or postpartum women and their children. The nurses provide health assessments, health education, parenting education and referrals to community services.
- Chest X-Rays
- TB Testing
- HIV Screening
- STD Testing
- Provides access to preventive health services & information (nurse home visits with emphasis on communicable disease control and maternal child health, particularly for high-risk families and individuals)