Facilities - Central
Central Region Public Health Center
Monday to Friday, hours vary depending on services offered:
Monday: 8:30 am – 11:00 am, and 1:00 pm
to 4:00 pm (Immunization and TB Testing)
Tuesday: 1:00 pm – 7:30 pm (STD Testing/HIV Screening)
Wednesday: 8:30 am – 11:00 am, and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (TB Testing)
Thursday: 8:30 am – 11:00 am, and 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Immunizations)
• Thursday July 29, 2021: Immunizations available from 1:00 - 4:00 Only
Friday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (STD Testing/HIV Screening)
The Central Region Public Health Center (PHC) provides access to preventative health services including public health nurse visitation programs. Below are the services offered:
- Immunizations: Provides a daily immunization clinic for children and adults who do not have health insurance or whose health insurance does not cover vaccinations, Medi-Cal participants ages 0-18, Alaskan Native or American Indian ages 0-18, and persons 6 month and older in need of influenza (flu) vaccine regardless of health coverage. For self-serve please schedule an on-line appointment.
- Tuberculosis (TB) Testing and Treatment: Offers Tuberculosis testing and treatment to assist in the detection, control and to prevent the spread of TB through treatment and case management.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD): Offers regular testing and treatment for most STDs, vaccines for HPV, hepatitis A and B and HIV testing. All services are offered on the basis of risk assessments, physical examinations, and/or laboratory test results.
- Nurse Home Visitation Programs: Provides nurse home visitation services to low income, first-time mothers prior to their 28th week of pregnancy; as well as; services to high risk infants, pregnant or postpartum women and their children. The nurses provide health assessments, health education, parenting education and referrals to community services.