COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019)
Local Health Emergency Declaration Ending, County
COVID-19 Response Continues (County News Center, February 23,
- COVID-19: The Response Continues Flyer | Spanish (February 24, 2023)
- COVID-19 Cases Rise, County Urges People to Get Vaccinated, Boosted (County News Center, February 16, 2023)
- **Updated** High Blood Pressure and COVID-19 Flyer (February 2, 2023)
- When to Get Tested for COVID-19 Flyer (February 2, 2023)
Signs, symptoms, and spread
Confidential and available
Protect yourself and others
Information and resources
Health Officer Orders
Issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19
Vaccines are safe and effective
If You Are Sick
Isolation and treatment
Data and dashboards
Information and resources
Flyers, posters, and additional resources
School, Employer Notification
Notify County of person with COVID-19 or outbreak at your site
For general questions about COVID-19, info about resources, or if
you're uninsured, call 2-1-1.
Text COSD COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates.
Results of CalScope Study
CalScope, California's COVID-19 Antibody Study (2021-2022), reports and publications are available. CalScope is a statewide study to determine how many people have antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes the COVID-19 infection. This study was conducted from May 2021 through August 2022.
County of San Diego Efforts
Actions from February 14, 2020, through February 28, 2023
- The County
of San Diego 2020 COVID-19 Response Plan (Consumer
Version) outlined the County’s efforts to respond to this global
incident, including information on what the public can do, and
provides resources and references.
- The purpose of the Test, Trace, Treat (T3) Strategy was to protect the public’s health from COVID-19 and provide support for those affected by the disease. The County provides free testing, case investigation and contact tracing, as well as treatment and therapeutics for those are potential or known COVID positive patients.
- The Safe Reopening Compliance Team developed enforcement criteria to ensure fair and consistent application of enforcement actions.
- The 2021 Recovery Plan Performance Report and 2022 Recovery Plan Performance Report informed on the broad range of projects under the County’s American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Framework.
- The 2020
COVID-19 Vaccination Plan was submitted to the California
Department of Public Health on December 8, 2020.
- The County COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Advisory Group provided guidance to distribute and provide vaccine recommendations.
- Health Equity Partnerships helped ensure equitable access to the COVID-19 vaccine. San Diego residents were surveyed on their willingness to get the vaccine. Survey results below:
- Safe Reopening: Most activities have re-opened.
- Evaluated COVID-19 information with a focus on misinformation related to health and medical issues.
Actions after February 28, 2023
- COVID-19 Innovative Strategies that will continue include: Rapid Deployment of Testing, Leveraging Live Well San Diego Sector Engagement, Communication, Health Equity, Mass Vaccination, Wastewater Surveillance and Whole Genome Sequencing, Community Health Workers/Promotoras, and Outreach to Long-Term Care Facilities.
- The County owill continue its COVID-19 Test, Trace, Treat (T3) and Vaccinate activities.
- The COVID-19 Response After Action Report will be developed with a focus on response strategy, operational area coordination, public information management, data reporting, community and business support & recovery, and County Continuity of Operations Plans (COOP) & functions.