COVID-19 in San Diego County
The County of San Diego is working closely with federal and state agencies and the local healthcare community to monitor and test for the COVID-19 virus in the region. For information about coronavirus disease nationwide, visit the CDC website.
County of San Diego Coronavirus Disease Dashboards
Case Rate and Testing Positivity by Zip
Code and Municipalities
(Updated every Thursday)
The table below provides information about positive cases of COVID-19 in San Diego County.
Positive Cases in San Diego County Since February 14,
Table updated May 8, 2021, with data through May 7, 2021.
|COVID-19 Case Summary||San Diego County Residents|
|Count||%||Change From |
|Rate per 100,000|
|40-49 years||39,459||14.2%||—||9,886.2 |
*There were 1,145 duplicate cases identified through quality assurance processes. These cases were removed from the case count on 4/23/21.
**Known hospitalizations; information is incomplete for many cases under investigation.
***Known admissions to intensive care; intensive care is a subset of hospitalizations, but percentage is of total cases.
Cases, hospitalizations, and deaths are added to this table as information becomes available; this may not be indicative of when the event occurred.
Data are preliminary and subject to change.
Additional Data on COVID-19 in San Diego County
COVID-19 Testing and Cases
- Percentage of Positive COVID‐19 Cases Among Tests by Date Reported (5/8/21)
- Confirmed COVID-19 Cases by Date of Illness Onset (5/8/21)
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by City of Residence (5/8/21)
- Map of Cases by City of Residence (5/8/21)
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by Race/Ethnicity (5/8/21)
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases by Zip Code (5/8/21)
- COVID-19-Associated Hospitalizations by Date of Admission (5/8/21)
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Cases that Required Hospitalization (5/8/21)
- COVID-19-Associated Deaths by Date of Death (5/8/21)
- Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Deaths by Demographics (5/8/21)
- Monthly Summary of County of San Diego COVID-19 Deaths by Zip Code (Data through 5/2/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Demographics (5/8/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Report by Zip Code (5/8/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Demographics Among Residents 65 Years and Older (5/8/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccinations by Census Tract and Health Equity Quartile Updated Tuesdays (5/4/21)
- COVID-19 Health Equity Zip Codes Summary and Vaccination Report Updated Mondays (5/3/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccinations by Health Equity Zip Codes Updated Mondays (5/3/21)
- COVID-19 Vaccinations by HHSA Region and Race and Ethnicity Updated Mondays (5/3/21)
Weekly COVID-19 Surveillance Reports
- Summary of Cases Among Persons Experiencing Homelessness Updated Wednesdays (5/5/21)
- Summary of Variant Cases—A weekly summary of COVID-19 cases caused by a variant strain as determined by whole genome sequencing. Currently, cases caused by the B.1.1.7 strain, also known as the UK strain, have been identified in San Diego County. The Variant Cases Summary is updated every Wednesday. (5/5/21)
- COVID-19 Watch—The San Diego County Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Weekly Surveillance Report is updated every Tuesday. (Data through week ending 5/4/21)