COVID-19 in San Diego County
Last updated 8/9/2023.
On May 11, 2023, the federal COVID-19 public health emergency declaration ended. This changed certain data sources and reporting.
Information on this page allows the County and members of the public to understand COVID-19 dynamics at the community level. Any data limitations are explained in report/dashboard notes. Please note that as more people test themselves at home, the accuracy of case and testing data is affected because we do not receive data from at-home tests.
For information about coronavirus disease nationwide, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
COVID-19 Data Tracker.
Surveillance Report: Beginning May 11, 2023, this
report will be issued monthly on the second Thursday of the month.
Weekly reporting will resume in October. We will continue to monitor
the data and resume sooner if warranted. COVID-19 numbers will
continue to be updated weekly on our COVID-19 data website.
- Respiratory Virus Surveillance Slide Deck Respiratory Virus Surveillance tables and graphs, for public use.
- Respiratory Virus Surveillance Report: Supplemental Information: This document includes information on COVID-19 and influenza reporting, resources, data sources, and definitions.
- Subscribe to the Respiratory Virus Surveillance Report to recive notifications updates about the report via e-mail.
- Respiratory Virus Surveillance Annual Summary 2022-23.
- Case Rate Locations | Mobile Version
- COVID-19 Age-Adjusted Rates by Race/Ethnicity
- COVID-19 By Race and Ethnicity
- COVID-19 Cases by Geography of Residence
- COVID-19 Dashboard | Mobile Version
- COVID-19 Outbreaks
- COVID-19 Vaccination Status
- SMARTER Plan
- Summary of Cases Experiencing Homelessness
- Vaccination Dashboard | Mobile Version
- Weekly Status Update