Older Adult and Disability Sector
The information on this page is intended for older adults, persons with disabilities, and service providers.
On this page:
- COVID-19 Community Sector Telebriefings
- County Communications
- Local Resources
- Additional Resources and Guidance
- Additional Government Information and Responses
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Older Adult and Disability Sector Telebriefings are live online presentations where older adults, persons with disabilities, and service providers can get the latest COVID-19 updates, guidance, and resources. Telebriefings include a Q&A session at the end.
For telebriefing announcements and additional COVID-19-related information, join the Older Adult and Disability Sector emailing list.
During this telebriefing, speakers will share updates on vaccination recommendations related to 3rd doses for those who are immunocompromised, as well as booster shots for the general public. New resources and announcements will also be shared.
Date: Friday, September 17th at 3:00 pm
Time: 3:00 pm
Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/218631109
Meeting ID: 218 631 109
Dial-In number: 1 (669) 900-6833 or 1 (346) 248-7799
To submit a question, you would like answered before our next telebriefing, please email COVID-AIS@sdcounty.ca.gov . Please visit the Older Adult and Disability Sector’s FAQ page to see if your question has already been answered.
Telebriefings of Interest
The following sectors are currently hosting telebriefings throughout the month and the content they share may be of interest to you or your organization.
- Public Health Order – Stay Up to Date
- Testing in San Diego County – Stay Up to Date
COVID-19 Press Conference – County Press Conferences will
take place as needed, and information can be found on on
(no account is necessary)
- COVID-19 Text Messages Updates – Send COSD COVID19 to 468-311 to get text alert updates
- Emergency or Disaster Notifications - Register your cell phone at www.readysandiego.org/alersandiego (Available in ASL) to receive notifications of an emergency or disaster within the San Diego area.
& Independence Services (AIS), this link includes:
- Ongoing AIS programs
- COVID-19 Programs, Services,
and Resources: Older Adults and Adults Living with
- Great Plates Programs
- Live Well @ Home for Seniors and Older Adults – Stay Mentally and Physically Fit
- COVID-19 Downloadable Resources and Materials
- 2-1-1 San Diego - COVID-19 Information & Resources
- California Takes Action to Combat COVID-19 | State of California
- COVID-19 Information and Resources | State of California, Department of Aging
- Government Response to COVID-19 | USGov
- Social Security & Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) | Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Department of Justice Coronavirus Response | DOJ
- California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response | State of California
- CDC’s Response to COVID-19 | CDC
- COVID-19 Updates & Information | CDPH
- Efforts and Resources to Contain the COVID-19 Pandemic | U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Coronavirus Resources | U.S. Department of Labor
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions | County of San Diego
- COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions | CDC
- Videos: COVID-19 Questions and Answers for the Public | WHO
For additional questions and resources, please email: COVID-AIS@sdcounty.ca.gov